400 error on Salesforce upsert

• 25Views
  • Last Post 13 June 2018
  • Topic Is Solved
votes
Ben Willis posted this 06 June 2018

After a couple of hours of running a data integration package, which is CSV to Salesforce, I have gotten a 400 message nan error message: (400) Bad Request. Is there anyway of seeing a more detailed error or can the logs be examined?

Job number: 12762428

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 06 June 2018

Salesforce returns this error: ApiBatchItems Limit exceeded

You can find your batch statistics in the Salesforce admin panel. Salesforce allows only 10000 batches per 24 hours. For more information, please refer to https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_asynch.meta/api_asynch/asynch_api_concepts_limits.htm

votes
Ben Willis posted this 06 June 2018

OK thank you, is there a way of telling me what batch size was being used in that job?

I saw in another ticket that if you have a long text column the batch size may be 200, but even that should not have reached the limit. 200 records at 10,000 batches should still allow me to load 2,000,000 records.

votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 07 June 2018

Yes, you have found correct information.

Skyvia uses SOAP API for data retrieve. Usually one API call is used for 2000 records. 

For data insertion the Bulk API is used. Batch size is 5000 records or 10Mb. If you disable the checkbox "Use Bulk API" in your Salesforce connection, the SOAP API will be used for data insertion, too.

If an entity has a Long Text column, then one API call is used for 200 records. For example, the Attachment entity is also processed in a special way. One API call is used for each record of the Attachment entity. Thus, if you have many records in the Attachment entity or in entities with Long Text columns, import can use that many API calls.

Lookup also increases the number of API calls (as it sends requests for data retrieve).

Please note, all API calls sent to Salesforce are counted, not only Skyvia's. You can check your API call statistics in your Salesforce instance: 

Reports -> Administrative Reports -> "API Calls Made Within Last 7 Days"

Setup -> System Overview -> API Usage (API REQUESTS, LAST 24 HOURS)

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.

votes
Ben Willis posted this 13 June 2018

Thanks for the help Marlia.

If anyone else comes across this article with the same issue: The api batch calls were actually being consumed by a connected Marketing Automation tool. I was creating records in an object with a relationship to Contacts. Each record was causing the Contact to be updated, which in turn consumed an api call when synching to the marketing automation platform. While running the job I paused the synching to the external tool and it worked without error.

Close