I'm trying to connect to Redshift and I'm getting a Timeout error.
Pls have a look at my settings and let me know what I'm doing wrong
Please click the Advanced button and try increasing the Connection Timeout parameter. This parameter determines the time (in seconds) to wait while trying to establish a connection before terminating the attempt and reporting an error:
Please notify us about the results.
Thank you for the quick reply and suggestion
I increased the Connection Timeout parameter to 300 (5 minutes) and got a different error message. Please see attached
What should I do next?
Please perform these steps (in your Amazon account) and notify us about the results:
1) Open Security Group that is specified for your server (you can open it directly from server by clicking it).
2) For the necessary Security Group click Actions and select Edit inbound rules
3) The rules editor will be opened, click Add Rule.
4) Select the necessary instance in the Type combobox, e.g. : Redshift
5) Protocol and Port will be assigned automatically
6) For Source please set 18.104.22.168/32
7) Save the changes and try your scenario again.
Looking forward to your reply.
Well we've made progress (Skyvia now says my 'Target connection is valid', pls see pic) but unfortunately I cannot seem to use the target when trying to set up a task. Please see pics and let me know what to do next
Thank you for your support!!
We have checked the metadata of your Redshift connection and it seems that there are no tables available. Do you have any tables in your Redshift database (database that is specified in your connection, i.e. 'cafredshift1', schema 'public')?
Also, please note, if you want to execute Import packages, inserting data to Redshift, you need to click the Advanced button and set parameters for connecting to Amazon S3 storage service. Refer to: https://skyvia.com/resources/docs/index.html?redshift_connections.htm