Cannot connect to Bucket on AWS 3

• 33Views
  • Last Post 3 weeks ago
votes
paul Shuster posted this 3 weeks ago

connection that does not access Bucket folderBecasue SFTP is almost never working I have moved our CSV files to our AWS server. I can connect to Amazon 3 with the bucket I need to use.  If I chnege the bucket I get an error so I am assuming that I am indeed connecting th the folder I need.  But when I use this connection with an integration, I can only see 'Amazon 3', and I cannot select the folders listed in the bucket.  What is the problem ? It worked when I first set it up and I successfuly mapped everything to Salesforce.  But I can no longer access the 'Reports' folder.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 3 weeks ago

But when I use this connection with an integration, I can only see 'Amazon 3', and I cannot select the folders listed in the bucket.  

This behaviour occurs in case if the specified bucket doesn't have any folders in it. Please check the following:

• you have specified the correct bucket name in your Amazon S3 connection;
  • this bucket have the necessary folder/files in it.

If everything is correct with this, please describe a more clearly step-by-step scenario for reproducing this issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

votes

I have used the AWS Console nd can verify that thgere are files in the bucket.  It is definitely not empty as there are 2 folders with CSV files,

I have 2 steps:

1) create the connection with the bucket - it tests 'Connected'.  If I chenge the region or bucket I get an error so I am sure everything is set properly.

2) I try and use a Task with that connection ( and to SalesForce), but when I look for CSV files, I only see 'amazons3' and cannot get to the bucket.

I tried going to another bucket on our S3 ( I used tpb-webapp-files instead of tpb-webapp-reports) and I ws able to navigate all the way down.  Something is stopping me from getting to the bucket I need and we have given everyone complete access in trying to solve this.

You help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, SFTP is working right now but it been very unrelaible so we want to go the S3 route.

votes

Please check that you have the access permissions on the folders in this bucket one more time. If everything is ok with this, we will test your connection after your permission in order to find the reason of this issue (we will need to open the connection and read the list of the folders).

Looking forward to your reply.

votes

Mariiia:

We have found and fixed the problem.  AWS S3 has an odd concept of folders.The file structure is handled by putting slashes in a filename, and folders are just a special type of empty file. This means it’s possible to put a file into a folder that doesn’t actually exist. Apparently the way the AWS console and Skyvia do navigation are slightly different, and Skyvia will only show a file if the folder it’s in has been created. 

Everything is working now and I can connect 100% of the time with amazons3.  We will use that connection because the SFTP connection hardly ever works and times out 90% of the time and when connected often loses the connection.  I'm sure the problem is at our end, and using amazons3 instead has given us a relaible connection.

Thanks for your support.  Skyvia is now providing us with an excellent solution for miving our data to Salesforce.

votes

Thank you for notifying us.

If we can assist you any further, feel free to contact us.

Close