Contact on 2 Accounts

• 233Views
  • Last Post 2 days ago
  • Topic Is Solved
votes
Laurent Michel posted this 2 weeks ago

Hi,

I have a question regarding if i have a contact in 2 Salesforces Accounts 

Eg : we can have a contact like a Professor of sport on account "College of Strasbourg" and also he can be Coach on association Account "Basket Club Strasbourg" 

On our CSV file normally we send 1 line per contact so for this case 2 differentes lines > so we have the same contactID but 2 differents account ID

On salesforce we just created related accounts in order to can do that,

On skyvia if i import 1 contact in 2 lines with 2 differents account id it will be good or i need to use a lookup in order to add something on "related accounts" ?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 1 weeks ago

Hi Laurent,

Thank you for submitting a ticket with us.

Let us know if we understand you correctly: you import CSV file to Salesforce Contacts object and would like to have two lines in this CSV. Both lines contain same contact ID and different account IDs.

Also, we would appreciate if you send us a sample of such CSV to support@skyvia.com

We are looking forward to your reply.

votes
Laurent Michel posted this 5 days ago

Hi,

Did you receive my email wednesday ? 

Can you answer me ? 

Thank you for your help

votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 2 days ago

Hello Laurent,

We have received your email and replied to it.

Please check your inbox.

Looking forward to your response.

votes
Laurent Michel posted this 2 days ago

Hi,

Sorry but the same than last time, i didn't receive answer i think some emails are blocked 

Can you re-send the email maybe without file on the email / file in wetransfert ?

votes

Dear Laurent,

In our reply to steeve.belair@c*s*l*p*r*.com , we asked you to let us know if there is some field in your CSV file that uniquely identifies a row with the contact.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

votes
Laurent Michel posted this 2 days ago

Hi, thank you

For now we have just contact ERP ID and Account ERP ID, i think we need to create an other field with unique external ID on SF and on our erp ID with combinaison of contactERPID and accountERPID / On Salesforce we can have a workflow to build it and on erp maybe on skyvia we can use expression or something else ? 

votes

Dear Laurent,

We have sent a reply to your gmail email address as per your request and are sending it here too.

Your usecase can be implemented within a few steps.

First, if there is no column that stores ERP account ID, it is required to create ID_Compte_Maestro__c field in the Salesforce Account object. Further in our our answer, we will use ID_Compte_Maestro__c column.

We would recommend making it external ID field in your Salesforce account, then importing a CSV file to Salesforce Account object and mapping accountID from ERP to it. 

Next, a CSV file should be imported to Salesforce Contact object with the help of UPSERT operation. It would be necessary to check "Use External ID" option and select IDcontactMaestro__c field as an External ID. If IDcontactMaestro__c is not on the list of available columns, you need to make it external ID in your Salesforce account.

AccountId field from the Contact object should be mapped with a lookup mapping to TOPCRE field.

Then set lookup mapping for the AccountId column. Select Target Lookup mapping:

- For Lookup Object - select Account

- For Result Column - select Id

- For Lookup Key Column - select ID_Compte_Maestro__c

- For Column - select TOPCRE

- Click Options and select the "Set null when no match found" check box

IDcontactMaestro__c field should be mapped with a column mapping to CLIENT.CDCLI field.

Finally, a CSV file should be imported to Salesforce AccountContactRelation object with the help of INSERT operation. There are two required fields in this object: AccountId and ContactId. Here, for the field AccountId it is needed to use target lookup mapping where TOPCRE is compared with ID_Compte_Maestro__c field and for the field ContactId a target lookup mapping is used with CLIENT.CDCLI field being compared to IDcontactMaestro__c.

For ContactId that already have a record with some AccountId created automatically in AccountContactRelation an error will be shown and that is an expected result. For the same ContactId with another AccountId a new row will be inserted.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us back.

• Supported by
  • Laurent Michel
Close