FTP to Mailchimp package running for 7+ hrs

  • 26Views
  • Last Post 3 weeks ago
  • Topic Is Solved
0
votes
Glenn Laudenslager posted this 22 October 2020

Hey folks,

Not sure how to categorize this, but one of the export packages that we had created to fetch data from an FTP site and upsert it into MailChimp has been running since 2 AM (ET). Not sure if we're doing something wrong here, or if we need to change anything. So we'd like to leverage your expertise to help us troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

I've attached a screenshot with package name and run ID for reference.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
0
votes
Glenn Laudenslager posted this 22 October 2020

It finally threw an error after 8 hrs and 15 mins of runtime. But nothing helpful in the error message here.

1
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 23 October 2020

Hello Glenn,

 

Unfortunately, there is no additional information for this failed run in our logs. However, a possible reason for long execution and failure is incorrect mapping for the target Id field. Please check this topic and change the mapping for the Id field. Save the package and run it again.

 

We are looking forward to your reply with the results.

 

Best regards,

Mariia

  • Supported by
  • Glenn Laudenslager
0
votes
Glenn Laudenslager posted this 23 October 2020

Hey Mariia,

Thank you for replying to this thread, and for pointing me in the direction of that other post!

It is unfortunate that additional info is not available for failed runs. That being said, while comparing my package setup to that other post, I found a couple of differences with how I had set up the target lookup for the ID field. Have made adjustments, and am running the package again. Hopefully, it doesn't take long to run, and can run successfully!

Will update the thread as soon as the package has run with the results!

0
votes
Glenn Laudenslager posted this 5 weeks ago

No luck. The run that was started on Friday at 10:23 am (ET) didn't wrap up over the weekend and is still going on at 9:00 am (ET) on Monday (10/26). I'm manually aborting the run at this point.

1
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 4 weeks ago

Hello Glenn,

 

 

Thank you for letting us know.

At the moment, your package is configured properly. However, you have canceled it and we cannot check whether there were any errors or not. 

Please try switching to the old runtime (uncheck the "Use new runtime" option) and run your package. Please do not cancel it and let us know if it works or not.

 

Best regards,

Mariia

  • Supported by
  • Glenn Laudenslager
0
votes
Glenn Laudenslager posted this 4 weeks ago

Hey Mariia,

Thank you for that advice. After unchecking that box and running it again, the process ran for about 3 hrs before failing (screenshot below). It did give 278 successful rows and 252 error rows, so we must be doing something right somewhere.

How can we troubleshoot this further?

0
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 4 weeks ago

Hello Glenn,

 

Thank you for your reply.

 

The "(403) Forbidden" is an "Access Denied" error that may occur at the Mailchimp side when numerous requests are sent to their server. In this case, Akamai CDN is blocking access to Mailchimp from a particular IPs.

 

The requests from all Skyvia users at a certain point in time are taken into account (not from one particular user). In such cases, it is recommended to change schedule settings, for example, move the start of the package for 1 or 2 hours or run the package manually later.

 

Thus, please run the package later and let us know the results.

 

Best regards,

Mariia

0
votes
Glenn Laudenslager posted this 4 weeks ago

Hey Mariia,

We had scheduled the package to run at around 1 AM (ET) earlier today, and it still failed with the same error code. Not sure if we can do anything to unclog the Akamai CDN bottleneck. We'll give it a try again later today by scheduling it for 8 PM (ET).

Also, is there any way to check why there were error rows during the run? In the latest one, there were 832 success rows and 756 error rows. But there's no way to tell, at the moment, why those 756 rows errored out.

0
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 4 weeks ago

Hello Glenn,

 

Thank you for your reply.

 

We have checked logs for failed records:

1) Your merge fields were invalid. Errors: Please enter a zip code (5 digits)(Field: 'MMERGE3').

2) Your merge fields were invalid. Errors: Value must be one of: Counselor, Nurse/Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, Psychiatrist, Physician (Non-Psychiatrist), Physician Assistant, Psychologist, Social Worker, Peer Specialist/Peer Support, General Public, Individuals/Family Member (not Peer Specialist)(Field: 'MMERGE1'). 

 

Thus, you need to check the data being sent to these fields.

 

Best regards,

Mariia

0
votes
Glenn Laudenslager posted this 4 weeks ago

Thank you, Mariia! That's extremely helpful! We'll update our FTP data to accommodate these errors.

 

Is there anywhere that we can look up these errors from our dashboard? Or is it preferred that we create a support ticket for these every time it happens?

0
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 4 weeks ago

Hi Glenn,

 

 Thank you for your reply.

 

Your package was failed with the package-level error as a result ("(403) Forbidden" error) and, thus, the per-record logs are not available and can be provided only by our team. In this case, we recommend you to contact us for more details.

In case, if the package fails without a package-level error, you can download the per-record error log by clicking the number of failed record.

 

Best regards,

Mariia

0
votes
Glenn Laudenslager posted this 3 weeks ago

Great! Thank you for your help with troubleshooting and helping us resolve issues with this package!

0
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 3 weeks ago

Hi Glenn, 

 

You are welcome!

Feel free to contact us in case of any further issues.

 

Best regards,

Mariia

Close