Full backup been queuing since March. 9th - 10 days now

• 51Views
  • Last Post 3 weeks ago
  • Topic Is Solved
votes
Steven Mandeli posted this 5 weeks ago

Full backup been queuing since March. 9th - 10 days now. This has been a problem in the past, but was corrected for some time, the full backup occuring daily and just taking about 6 hours. Can this be fixed again?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
votes
Steven Mandeli posted this 4 weeks ago

Still queuing - 14 days (two weeks) now.

votes
Sabina Bashuk posted this 4 weeks ago

Hello Steven,

Could you please provide us with your email and package ID, so that we could check?

votes

My e-mail is steven.mandeli@grupobimbo.com. There are no packages involved.

The backup from March 9 completed on March 23, with 5 errors.

votes

Thank you for the details, Steven!

I have created a request for our Technical Team to investigate your issue, and will update you as soon as I can

votes

Hi Steven,

As we can see, you have a repeated issue with backup at the moment.

It happens because the UserProperties table doesn't support paging - it utilizes LimitOffset paging strategy which is declared on the higher provider level. When the number of records coincides with LimitOffset limit, it causes the slowdown of UserProperties table's reading. 

To fix this issue, you need to redefine its declaration in your custom REST connector's metadata to the following:

{
      "Name":"UserProperties",
      "Url":"/user/properties",
      "ResultPath": "keys",
      "Columns" : [
          {"Name":"AccountId", "APIPath": "accountId", "DbType":"String", "Createable": false, "Updateable": false, "FilterOperations": [{ "Operation":"Equals", "ParameterName" : "accountId", "ParameterType" : "UrlParameter"}]},
          {"Name":"Self", "APIPath": "self", "DbType":"String", "Createable": false, "Updateable": false},
          {"Name":"Key", "APIPath": "key", "DbType":"String", "Createable": false, "Updateable": false}
      ],
      "ParentRelations" : [
            { "Field" : "AccountId", "RelatedTable" : "Users", "RelatedField" : "AccountId", "AggregateParent" : true}    
      ],
      "PagingStrategy" : {
        "Type" : "WithoutPaging" 
     }
    },

Also, to avoid this issue from the prevention, we highly recommend you to use our Jira connector instead of your custom REST one, as it is regularly updated and debugged. 

votes

The reason we are using a REST connector is because we were informed by Skyvia that it was the only way to backup our custom fields. Is that still correct?

You are asking me to modify the REST connection's metadata but I see no means for me to do so. How do I do this? Can you do it?

• Supported by
  • Sabina Bashuk
votes
Sabina Bashuk posted this 3 weeks ago

Yes, Steven, that is correct.

Could you please open your REST connector settings > Metadata

Find these lines:

//UserProperties
{
{"Name":"AccountId", "APIPath": "accountId", "DbType":"String", "Createable": false, "Updateable": false, "FilterOperations": [{ "Operation":"Equals", "ParameterName" : "accountId", "ParameterType" : "UrlParameter"}]},
{"Name":"Self", "APIPath": "self", "DbType":"String", "Createable": false, "Updateable": false},
{"Name":"Key", "APIPath": "key", "DbType":"String", "Createable": false, "Updateable": false}
],
{ "Field" : "AccountId", "RelatedTable" : "Users", "RelatedField" : "AccountId", "AggregateParent" : true}
],
}, //end of UserProperties

And change them to the following ones:  

//UserProperties
{
],
],
"PagingStrategy" : {
"Type" : "WithoutPaging"
}
}, //end of UserProperties

We do not have access to add them from our end.   Hope this helps!

• Supported by
  • Steven Mandeli
votes
Steven Mandeli posted this 3 weeks ago

Resolved.

Close