Import job not running

  • 94Views
  • Last Post 07 November 2017
  • Topic Is Solved
0
votes
Marina Seredova posted this 25 October 2017

We are trying to run an import job consisting of 3 tables - Table A is parent of Tables B and C.

TIll yesterday it was working fine.

But today it is not able to pull any records and shows - 0 success rows/0 failure rows.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
0
votes
Marina Seredova posted this 25 October 2017

This is really frustrating, no records are getting pulled from source table and I cant see any logs which will indicate what could be the reason. The package was working fine till yesterday( there was one issue but that is a different ticket). I just changed the filter for timemodified column and nothing is working now.

0
votes
Marina Seredova posted this 25 October 2017

If I run the same query in database ( source table) it returns the records correctly

-1
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 25 October 2017

We are processing your request. We will contact you as soon as possible.

0
votes
Marina Seredova posted this 26 October 2017

Do we have any update on what exactly is the issue? Is there any logs that you can view at your side which will indicate the cause of the issue?

Please provide updates regularly to understand where we stand on the issue.

0
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 26 October 2017

Sorry for the inconvenience with this. We are doing our best to process requests as soon as possible.It could take some time to detect the reason of this error and get additional logs. 

0
votes
Marina Seredova posted this 27 October 2017

ANy updates on the root cause of the job failure?

0
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 27 October 2017

Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce this issue and detect its reason. 

We would be grateful if you perform the following steps:

1) Most likely, the issue is in one of the Relation mappings in the package (package #36484):

a) Please open task  for dbo.invoicelinedetail -> QBTransaction_Product__c and remove relation mapping for Transaction_Name__c column. Save and run the package. What is the result?

b) Please open task  for dbo.invoicelinegroupdetail -> QBTransactions2GroupProducts__c and remove relation mapping for Transaction__c column. Save and run the package. What is the result?

2) If previous steps will not give any helpful information, please allow us to run this package in the test mode.

0
votes
Marina Seredova posted this 27 October 2017

But Transaction__c column is a required field . It should link to the id column of of QBTransactions__c object. And the only way to link the Qbtransactions__c record ( dbo.invoice record in source) is through the Relation.

0
votes
Marina Seredova posted this 27 October 2017

And just to note we had run this 3 days back successfully. Please check the job #8851316 in same package.

That time also we had this relation defined.

Yes , you can run the package in test mode to see if logs give any clues.

0
votes
Marina Seredova posted this 27 October 2017

The main thing to note is that the number of records pulled from source table is 0. Even for the first table which doesnt have any relation defined.

If I run a query on source table :

 

select count(*) from invoice where txndate >='2017-01-01' and timemodified >='2017-10-01' 

 

it gives me 16,000 record. But import package pulls 0 records.

0
votes
Marina Seredova posted this 27 October 2017

OK, here is the update. First I changed the relation to target lookup and tried running, it didnt work.

I made several clones of the package and ran them.

First clone, I deleted both child tables and only had 1 table. It ran successfully.

Second clone, I deleted the third table, so one master and one child table. It ran successfully.

Third clone, I kept all three tables. This time it ran successfully. 

Not sure why this happened. If you could find root cause issue for the original job in this ticket please do so.

0
votes
Simon Bubnov posted this 27 October 2017

Thank you for your answer and note. We will investigate the information and notify you about the results as soon as possible.

0
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 30 October 2017

Thank you for all your help.  We have detected and fixed the issue.

We will inform you when Skyvia is updated with the fix.

 

Please note, while investigating the issue,  you have changed the mapping for Transaction__c column from Relation to Lookup in the task dbo.invoicelinegroupdetail -> QBTransactions2GroupProducts__c (package "Invoice-QBT-PROD-Clone-TO-SB - COPY 3"). Please do not forget to change it after Skyvia is updated.

0
votes
Marina Seredova posted this 30 October 2017

Ok let us know when the fix is updated in Skyvia.

Does it mean that having the relation in the task is correct approach instead of lookup? From what we saw it seems to be working ok.

0
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 31 October 2017

We will definitely inform you when Skyvia is updated.

 

As for the most suitable approach for this scenario, the most correct option is to use Relation mapping. With the Relation mapping newly created records will be inserted with newly generated Ids. In case of Upsert, Lookup mapping will work for updates for sure, however, in case of inserts of newly created records this lookup may not work as expected. Or you must be sure to configure this lookup with any other unique field (except Id) so that it return only one unique record.

 

Also, in the previous answer we have mentioned the package "QBT-PROD-Clone-TO-SB - COPY 3". However, as we can see, you have also made the same changes to the package "Invoice-QBT-PROD-Clone-TO-SB".

0
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 07 November 2017

We have updated Skyvia. 

Feel free to contact us.

Close