Need one endpoint to verify OData v4 functionality with Microsoft Dynamics 365 virtual entities

• 136Views
  • Last Post 16 February 2018
votes
Tim Dutcher posted this 02 February 2018

Greetings,

I am working with a client who has data in Azure SQL. They want to make this data available within Dynamics 365 (CRM).

I proposed using the new "virtual entities" feature in Dynamics, which brings in data using OData v4. 

Your service might meet their needs but I need to show them that it works. Unfortunately, with the free trial, I am not able to activate even one endpoint. A message appears "Your pricing plan does not allow any more active endpoints.", even though I do not have any others activated. 

I cannot authorize a purchase of an upgraded plan without first proving that the solution will work.

Please contact me if it's possible for me to activate one endpoint with the free trial.

Thanks,

-Tim

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 05 February 2018

Connect Free pricing plan allows to use only cloud data sources as connection for endpoints, databases are supported only in Standard plan and higher. Also, Free and Standard pricing plans allow to use only public endpoints. Authentication/IP access options are available only in Professional and Enterprise plans. We have enabled Professional Trial plan for your Skyvia account. You can use it till 02/12/2018.

You can check your account details on your account page. To open your account page, click your account name in the upper right corner and then click 'Account'. Or you may simply open the following link: https://app.skyvia.com/#/account 

On the Account page you will see your current subscriptions with their limits.

Some useful information:

https://skyvia.com/pricing

https://skyvia.com/resources/docs/index.html?connect.htm

If we can assist you any further, feel free to contact us.

votes
Tim Dutcher posted this 12 February 2018

Hi Mariia,

I did not get a chance to test my Azure SQL endpoint with Dynamics 365 over the past few days using Skyvia. Could you enable Professional Trial until 2/14 so that I can see if the scenario works?  I am an application architect trying to prove out a scenario and can't recommend a purchase unless I know for sure that the solution will work properly. That is why I can't just purchase one of the plans you mentioned without a complete test.

Thanks!

-Tim

votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 13 February 2018

Hello Tim,

We've prolonged your trial until 02/20/2018.

Feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Mariia

votes
Tim Dutcher posted this 15 February 2018

Hi Mariia,

I tested Skyvia with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) version 9 (the latest release).  Microsoft added a feature named "virtual entities" that is similar to Salesforce.com's "Salesforce Connect" feature.

Dynamics 365 is able to use its built-in OData v4 client to retrieve data from a Skyvia endpoint. However, within the Dynamics 365 UI (e.g., in Advanced Find), it duplicates the data it receives from the Skyvia endpoint. Thus, it appears to have a problem with properly paging the data it receives.

In my test scenario, I have an Azure SQL table with 10,000 college names and a uniqueidentifier as the primary key.  When I display that data in Dynamics 365 via OData v4, the 50th college name appears 50 times, followed by the 100th college, which is also displayed 50 times.  Thus, Dynamics 365 is not interpreting the data correctly or Skyvia's endpoint is not providing something that Microsoft OData v4 component requires in the metadata.

Unfortunately, this means that we're not able to use Skyvia at this time with Dynamics 365. But I urge you and your developers to contact Microsoft about this issue so that it's possible for their thousands of Dynamics 365 customers to possibly use Skyvia in the future with the new virtual entities feature.

Thanks,

-Tim 

votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 16 February 2018

Thank you for the reply and all provided information. We will definitely investigate this case more clearly and contact you as soon as any results are available.

Best regards,

Mariia

Close