Packages failing

• 30Views
  • Last Post 2 days ago
  • Topic Is Solved
votes
Burke Autrey posted this 5 days ago

Hi, some or all of my packages are failing.  Is this a problem on the Skyvia side or specifically with my packages.  There is no detail in the log to help me diagnose the problem.  The email I received said to contact Support.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
votes

Run ID 45508943 might help you zero in on the problem.  

votes

Testing of both Source and Target connections is successful.

votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 5 days ago

Hi Burke!

We have fixed the issue. Please try again and let us know if it works.

Best regards,

Mariia

votes

Thank you, Mariia.  I does appear to be working and I will monitor for further issues.

I think it's good practice for a software company to be transparent about their issues.  Can you elaborate on the issue that was fixed?  (e.g. issue related to new deployment, etc.).

votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 2 days ago

Hi Burke!

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the issue was related to the new deployment and our infrastructure in MS Azure. Our development team is working hard to prevent such issues from happening again.

Best regards,

Mariia

votes
Burke Autrey posted this 2 days ago

Thank you for the transparency.  Please share this with your management... when I did a review for your company at your request a while back I mentioned the one downside with SkyVia is that issues tend to happen on the weekends or after your locals hours when nobody is around for help and there is no proactive communication of issues.  What you lack is any communication with your customer that anything is wrong which causes unnecessary questions by your customer.  I'm left to wonder if it's a problem with my packages or something else that has happened in the environment.  And I have to remember where to go to log a ticket, explain the issue, tell you what I've tried, etc.  it's a WASTE OF TIME because you already know that there is a problem.  Similar companies in your space such as Workato and Zapier are very proactive about their issues - I find out from them, first, that there is an issue, what they are doing about it, and when they'll give the next update.  

This is important.  If there were ONE THING that would cause me to seek another solution besides SkyVia, it would be this issue.

Let me know if you'd like to discuss.

Burke

Close