Quickbooks (429) Too Many Requests.

• 131Views
  • Last Post 05 June 2019
votes
Burke Autrey posted this 03 June 2019

Hi - I saw the other Question and reviewed the Quickbooks API throttling notice which says you can't have more than 10 simultaneous requests.  So, my integration package has 9 tables in it and I just started getting this error.

Is it possible that QBO has changed the policy?  Is it possible that Skyvia is sending more requests at the same time than the number of tables in the package?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 05 June 2019

Dear Burke,

Thank you for your reply.

The error message was received two days ago when several other packages with the same QuickBooks connector were running.

We see that these packages are stopped currently and there is no error message.

So, the reason might be in the big amount of simultaneous requests to QuickBooks.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us back.

votes
Burke Autrey posted this 04 June 2019

Unless something has changed recently on the QBO side, this doesn’t make sense.  That package has been running with 9 tables for 2 years. Why would it just now start having problems?

votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 04 June 2019

Hello Burke,

Thank you for submitting a ticket with us.

This issue is related to QuickBooks API, not Skyvia. Please take a look at this article

It states that applications cannot make more than concurrent 10 API requests.

When using Replication package all tasks are performed at the same time. With the "Incremental Updates" option selected 3 API requests are sent for each table - getting deleted record, getting updated records and getting inserted records.

There were 9 objects in the package and "Incremental Updates" option selected that resulted in more than 10 API requests. Also, this error can be caused by other packages that use QuickBooks connector from your Skyvia account or API requests from some other application sent at the same time to your QuickBooks account.

We recommend you to split your Replication package into several ones and look at the result.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Close