Salesforce Attachment Data Integration Synchronization

  • 21Views
  • Last Post 21 hours ago
  • Topic Is Solved
0
votes
Jacob Widmer posted this 3 weeks ago

Hello there,

I am looking to synchronize my Salesforce instance's Attachment records with a Postgres Database. 

 

I have created a package, and after running received the following error:



I have also just tried to replicate the table into postgres and have received the same error.

Do you have any tips or a recommendation on how to set up my package to synchronize attachments to/from Salesforce to a database?

Thanks,
Jake

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
0
votes
Jacob Widmer posted this 3 weeks ago

Any help appreciated, thanks.

0
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce this issue and determine the exact reason of this issue. The error is generated by PartnerService API and, most likely, is not related to Skyvia.

We had one user with a similar error some time ago - the reason was in attachments with big HTML files. While reading these attachments via SOAP protocol the process was hanging and later failed with this error.

It is unknown what data format led to such an exception. We tested various options with our Salesforce account, but we were not able to reproduce this error. We would be grateful if you give us some details:

- whether any file was retrieved and the error occured on a specific one or whether SOAP API did not work on Attachment table under your Salesforce account at all;

- try creating several Export packages with different filter conditions in order to identify problem file(s) (e.g. filters on ContentType, BodyLength, Parent.Id, Parent.Type, etc.).

 

This information could help us to find solution and/or workaround for you.

 

Looking forward to your reply.

0
votes
Jacob Widmer posted this 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your reply.

To answer your first question, no records/files were retrieved, it seemed to fail immediately on starting the sync job. I removed the "Body" field mapping and the records synced successfully, so the assumption that it's the attachment data/body itself (or something tied to it) seems to be correct.

I will look into the attachment types and sizes on my end today, as well as try out a few filters, and report back.


Thanks!

0
votes
Jacob Widmer posted this 3 weeks ago

Just wanted to update you with my findings so far.

I was syncing/exporting from a partial-data sandbox, which must have a limit set by SFDC on the query sizes because I could only succeed on syncing files that were BodyLength < 14k. Anything over it had issues with (same error), no matter the content type or any other variable.

Switching to a Full Sandbox though I was able to export many more records, however some still failed (still waiting to see why they errored out, though I canceled the run so I'm not sure I'll get those logistics when it completes. If you can, the run is #15596228).


I'm still going to try running the export again but with a Developer sandbox this next time and see if it errors out completely or just some records fail but it continues to completion (like the full sandbox). 

0
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 3 weeks ago

Thank you for these details and looking forward for further results.

 

Best regards,

Mariia

0
votes
Jacob Widmer posted this 21 hours ago

 Solution was changing sandbox types. 

Close