Salesforce backup failed in 23 packages: " the server returned an error: (404) Not found"

• 54Views
  • Last Post 04 September 2020
votes
CRM Informatica posted this 21 April 2020

Hi,

I get 47 errors backing up all data in a Salesforce sandbox environment. 24 errors look like the common ones because of how Skyvia and Salesforce work together (documented in Limitations chapter in Backup doc) but 23 more are because of "the server returned an error: (404) Not found" error. I can access those 23 packages if I try to select them through the settings page on the backup Job. I can also make a query in those packages or access through the Salesforce UI .

It also happens if I try other sandboxes.

And it looks like something ramdom, because I can try to execute the same job in different times in different days and sometimes there are more or less 404 errors in different packages.

- How can I control why is this happening?

- How can I get more information about these errors? (access to any log file?)

- What can I test when this occurs?

- What's the workaround when I need to restore something that is related to a package that is not found ? p.e. an contact removed with all its related objects. 

Thanks,

Sandra.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 21 April 2020

Hello Sandra,

The "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found" error occurs on the Salesforce side and does not relate to Skyvia. For some reason, Salesforce breaks requests.

The issue occurs on an attempt to retrieve an access token. Skyvia uses fixed endpoints for this and, thus, in case of such a 404 error, the issue occurs on the Salesforce side. Most likely, Salesforce has a coordinator that redistributes the load on different servers. Perhaps, for example, if you have a custom Salesforce host, the coordinator does not always resolve this situation.

Please specify whether you are using a Custom environment and what URL is used. 

Also, we recommend you to contact Salesforce support.

Regarding your questions:

- What's the workaround when I need to restore something that is related to a package that is not found ? p.e. an contact removed with all its related objects. 

Please clarify this in more detail.

- How can I control why is this happening?

- How can I get more information about these errors? (access to any log file?)

What can I test when this occurs?

Due to the fact that the issue occurs on the Salesforce side, there is no way to control this or get more details, Salesforce does not provide additional details on it.

Best regards,

Mariia

votes
CRM Informatica posted this 22 April 2020

Hello Mariia,

Thanks for your reply.

It's not a custom environment, so the connection it's pointing to the generic URL for sandboxes "test.salesforce.com". I'm sure that SF is redistributing the load on different servers due to each sandbox is assigned to a cluster, not a specific server, but this also happens with the production environment. Clearly SF does not treat production clusters the same as sandbox clusters but there sould be a way to keep this connection blocked and alive while the transaction is in progress.

I don't know how Skyvia works but when I created the connection with SF it asked for a OAuth. If I get a look to the SF documentation for OAuth I see that we can get different kind of 404 errors when connection an app with SF throguh OAuth:

404 (not found) — Bad_Id Invalid or bad user or org ID

404 (not found) — Inactive Deactivated user or inactive org

404 (not found) — No_Access User lacks proper access to org or information

404 (not found) — NoSiteEndpoint Request to an invalid endpoint of a site

404 (not found) — Internal Error

No response from server

Could you please have a deeper look to your internal log files, so maybe you can give me more information about these 404 errors?

Related to my previous questions:

1.- I have read that all related records must be restored at the same time that the main record , but if I get the 404 error in one package that contains any of those related records , will I be able to restore them all again if I get to run a new screenshot without 404 errors on it? some of the deleted records will be caught  by the snapshot with the 404 errors, and the rest luckly in the new one. How should I proceed?

2.- do we have access to any log file to get more information about any kind of error or failed that we get in Skyvia?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Sandra.

votes
CRM Informatica posted this 28 April 2020

Hi,

While I wait for your new response, let me add that I got Failed messages in some of my sandbox backups and I don't know why and I don't know how to get more information about these failed messages:

failed snapshots

any help?

is there any problem with Salesforce sandboxes?

Thanks again,

Sandra.

votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 28 April 2020

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for the screenshot.

It's correct about different reasons for "404 (not found)" error, however the issue is still at Salesforce side. Please check if the same error occurs on production.

Regarding a failed run without error log, temporary internal failures took place with the disk. These are solved now.

We are looking forward to hearing from you, should you have any questions.

votes
CRM Informatica posted this 04 May 2020

Good morning,

thank you for your answer, although I would have appreciated some more information. Without more specific log files or more specific answers is quite difficult to rely on the platform's behaviour and trying to understand how it works

I'm not getting any 404 error on production, although since 7th, April I'm getting a new error (num 25) when backing up the complete SF database (with feed and history included)..The screenshot is:

RecordActivityError

If I have a look into the SF database this table appears empty (no IDs returned for a single query).

I know that it's a different issue, I just wanted to share it because it looks like there's a bad formulated query.

Regards,

Sandra.

votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 05 May 2020

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for the screenshot.

We raised a ticket with our development team to investigate this.

We will let you know once there are any details.

votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 04 September 2020

Dear Sandra,

Our development team released a fix and it is currently possible to back up RecordActionHistory object without any issues.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Close