Salesforce Restore Failed (404 - File or directory not found.)

• 56Views
  • Last Post 5 days ago
votes
CRM Informatica posted this 24 April 2020

Hi,

I'm doing some testing in restoring data and I'm experiencing some errors.

• create a standard contact (with its related objects)
  • run a backup
  • delete that contact (not all the related objects are automatically deleted and I don't delete them manually)
  • run a backup
  • from the changed tab of the last snapshot I try to select all the changes and restore them (some are deletions, some are updates)
  • I get 2 failed in 2 objects, concretely the 2 that were deleted
  • ERROR for both of them: 

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I don't understand how a file can be in any of these states if I'm trying to restore from a Skyvia snapshot.

I have tried to restore the contact (and related) looking for its ID number in all the set of snapshots. And restore (insert record) but I get the same errors.

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Sandra.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 5 weeks ago

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for submitting a ticket with us.

We tested the use case from our side and got a deleted contact imported back successfully. Also, it had the associated AccountId assigned back.

Perhaps we lost some step as your scenario is not fully clear.

Please let us know step-by-step full scenario that led to such error message. It's not clear what 2 objects you meant and what actions were done before you proceeded with restore.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

votes
CRM Informatica posted this 4 weeks ago

Hello Dmitriy,

I would like to give you the exact information about the objects that I tried to restore but I don't know how to get to a proper log file. Is it possible to get something more specific than the details screen in skyvia?

The exact steps were:

• created a standard contact (with its related objects: Account, GDPR_Track,  Affiliation)
  • run a backup
  • deleted that contact (not all the related objects are automatically deleted but I don't delete them manually to reproduce the scenario that will happen if a user deletes a contact record: Contact, GDPR_track are deleted. Affiliation and Account were updated to a blank field for the related contact_id)
  • run a backup
  • from the changed tab of the last snapshot I tried to select all the changes and restore them  (as I said previously some are deletions,some are update). This means that I selected the snapshot on Apr 24th and clicked on the "changed tab" and all that appeared were my last test: REMOVED: 1 contact, 1 gdpr_track and UPDATED 1 account, 1 affiliation
  • selected all 4 changes and clicked on RESTORE
  • I get 2 failed in 2 objects, concretely the 2 that were deleted
  • ERROR for both of them: 

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I wanted to do it again to add some screenshots to this comment but I'm not able. I'm getting a failed message without more information when trying to restore.

Failed right now

is there any kind of specific problem when working with sandbox environment?

I will try to restore something in production just to be confident that everything will work fine .

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Sandra.

votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 4 weeks ago

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for details.

Usually, a number of failed records is a clickable link that contains an error log. It seems, since the whole package failed, the log hasn't been formed.

Standard Account object does not have a field to store contact Ids. Contact is related to Account with the help of AccountId field in the Contact object. If a contact is deleted, the relation is deleted as well with the field AccountId.

We are trying to reproduce the issue one our side and can't figure out how the Account object must be updated. Let us know if you created a custom field in Account that stores contact Ids and you meant to make this custom field blank after a contact is deleted.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

votes
CRM Informatica posted this 4 weeks ago

Dear Dmitriy,

you're right. We're using a Salesforce specific package for Universities called EDA

This package comes with multiple types of Account and a contact can have Affiliations to many different Accounts with a different role each of them but, as it was with the standard account object, only one main account is related directly to the contact. So when a contact is created the system automatically creates its own account (there are 2 kinds: administrative account or household account, which is our particular case) and relate it to the contact. 

So when a contact is deleted the household account related directly to the contact is deleted too. 

I did some testing in our sf prod environment and it worked correctly. I've been able to see all the related objects (some deleted some updated in the contactId field) and I've been able to restore them.

I don't know why it's not working in the same way as in the sandbox environment (which is a recent copy of production). I've executed the same procedure and all the objects appeared as updated in the field "isDeleted" from "false" to "true", but the record didn't appear as "removed" so I can't restore it. I attach 2 images.

This as it works in production env:

production

and this as it appears in the sandbox doing the same thing:

updatedfields

as you can read I'm experiencing different behaviours in sandboxes but as a sum up, I'm not able to restore correctly in a sandbox env but I am in production (what is a really good new!)

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Sandra Perarnau i Herrera

votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 3 weeks ago

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for details.

We passed them to our development team and are awaiting for an advice from them.

We will update the post as soon as we have any result.

votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 3 weeks ago

Dear Sandra,

Our development team had a look at the package and informed that if GDPR_track is generated automatically, it's not correct to restore the record.

Regarding different behaviour between production and sandbox, this can be due to different configuration, for instance, for triggers or because the package EDA is integrated with production and sandbox differently.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do with this.

We are looking forward to hearing from you, should you have any questions.

votes
CRM Informatica posted this 3 weeks ago

Good morning Dmitriy,

Thanks for your update.

You're right, the GDPR_track is generated automatically and I found it duplicated in the contact related list, but I understand that that's a problem for my data quality not really for Skyvia, isn't it?

Regarding different behaviour, I can't understand what you say. The sandbox is an exact replica of production, I have checked if there's any difference in EDA settings or triggers between both system and no one have been found. And as far as I understand how this should work,  if a record is deleted in a platform, it should appear as a deleted object in your Skyvia platform to be able to restore it. Independently that triggers or other configurations. Otherwise backup & restore would be a very tricky process.

Anyway, I have tried another thing, create another new fresh sandbox and try to simulate a bulk restore from production to this sandbox. I have selected all those objects (packages with records) that would be essential for us to restore and tried to restore them in this new sandbox. It's the only way that I can test a bulk restore, as long as I can't do it in production! The result is, as you can see in the images below, failed on some records in standard objects, and nothing done is most of them (all those related to EDA package). But the 2nd problem is that once again I can't access to the log files to see what's the error. "404 - file or directory not found"  is shown in every single failed link.

bulkRestore1bulkRestore2

Regards,

Sandra.

votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 2 weeks ago

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for screenshots.

The issue, most likely, is related to Salesforce implementation of sandbox.

Unfortunately, we have no possibility to check this from our side.

The backup service is working on production and we consider the issue as solved.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us back.

votes
CRM Informatica posted this 2 weeks ago

Dear Dimitriy and dev team,

1.- as far as I know If I want to try to replicate a bulk restore I can only execute it from production to sandbox

2.- the sandbox is a fresh copy from production and therefore they both are configured the same way

3.- the restore is failing or ignoring NOT only with ALL EDA objects, but also with some standard objects as campaignMember, and campaignMemberStatus

4.- It's impossible to have a look to the log file because Skyvia is showing a 404 File or Directory not found in every single error link.

How can you say that "The backup service is working on production and we consider the issue as solved"?

Sandra.

votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 2 weeks ago

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for getting back to us.

When performing bulk restore, it's also possible to do restore to another production Salesforce org. In other words, back up production Salesforce org1 and restore to production Salesforce org2. You are not bounded with restoring from production to sandbox only.

Unfortunately, there is no opportunity for us to check what is wrong with Salesforce sandbox.

Regarding logs, there is an issue with reflecting logs for restore in new UI. Currently, logs for failed records can't be reflected in new UI. You can download logs from old Skyvia UI. Once this issue is solved, we will let you know.

The situation with logs that are absent for other objects, most likely, relates to original issue with this EDA package and sandbox environment. We would be able to check that, if the issue is reproduced on production.

votes
Dmitriy Muzurov posted this 5 days ago

Hello,

The issue with logs has been fixed. The error log for failed records on restore operation can be downloaded now in new UI.

Close