Service is unavailable

• 203Views
  • Last Post 10 March 2021
votes
Greg Stone posted this 08 March 2021

Another week... another Skyvia outage. I cannot believe this!

I submitted feedback after the last one saying how apauling it was, especailly that there was zero communication during or after, about the outage, what went wrong and how they'll stop it from happening again.

And we're now 10 hours in and still no resolution, or update from Skyvia.

Just after I paid extra to upgrade to the Professional plan. And after they've asked me to submit feedback on G2 and Gartner

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
votes
Jay Ong posted this 08 March 2021

@Greg Stone I believe Skyvia office is located in Ukraine and they are just waking up and starting the work week now. Hopefully we will all get a reply soon. They probably need outside of business hours support for critical issues like we are having now. I too encountered the last outage a few weeks back. =(

votes
PubliBike Webmaster posted this 08 March 2021

I am worried, we totally depend on good functioning on Skyvia and are now missing important data in Salesforce.

There is already a package, that fails 4 out of 7 mornings.

Answer of the Skyvia support: shoulder shrugging.

They have to improve stability and support.

votes
Greg Stone posted this 08 March 2021

Their marketing team have been asking me to post a review publically, maybe that will get them to fix the issues:

https://www.g2.com/products/skyvia/reviews

https://www.gartner.com/reviews/market/data-integration-tools/vendor/devart/product/skyvia/reviews

votes
Mariia Zaharova posted this 08 March 2021

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Skyvia Support Team.

The issue is fixed. Now your packages should work without any issues.

We continue working on eliminating this issue completely. We are sorry for the inconvenience with this.

Best regards,

Mariia

• Supported by
  • Sergey Bykov
votes
PubliBike Webmaster posted this 08 March 2021

Stability worsened in the last 8 months, and support hides behind general sentences "the problem is fixed" or "we don't know the reason, please check your logs".

It's more unstable than before AND there is a communication deficit.

votes
Jay Ong posted this 09 March 2021

Probably wouldn't hurt as a group to ask Skyvia for after hours support or for them to look at getting someone to at least check the support portal every couple of hours.

votes
Alex Hirniy posted this 09 March 2021

As a Product Manager of Skyvia I'm very sorry for all of these problems.
I understand that for you it is just instability of the service. But let me share some details.     

• Stability of main application. During several last weeks we had several failures.   Our main api shares the same resources (VM) with the connect api. This was ok for a very long time. But during several last weeks there was some abnormal use of connect api which led to overuse of the system resources. We've upscaled some of our VMs and today we've separated main api and connect api into different VMs.     
  •  Service is unavailable. We use MS Azure infrastructure for hosting and SQL Azure as one of databases. Yesterday SQL Azure started throttling some kind of our requests but not all. Because of this our servers seemed to work OK for our monitoring system but some of our users saw "Service is unavailable" and some scheduled packages were not being executed.   We are still diagnosing the origin of this problem but we have already updated our monitoring system to catch similar problems quickly.    

As for the business hours of support. We are extending our support team and I hope in future we will be able to cover more hours than now.

votes
Satish Vaswani posted this 10 March 2021

We are running some critical packages from Salesforce. We don't want to keep our fingers crossed and hope it runs well. It was panic all over couple of days ago. 

Can you ensure that our upcoming package run would be successful? 

• Supported by
  • PubliBike Webmaster
Close